At The Fireplace Corner we love grilling. We don’t just sell grills, we cook on them. We are going to use this space to show you some of the things that we have been cooking and techniques to help you enjoy your grill more. Whether it is a Weber, Big Green Egg, Green Mountain Grill or an open fire! Getting outside, enjoying time together and great food is what we want to promote. Stop back for recipes and how to videos
Beer Can Chicken with the Weber Summit Charcoal
This is a really easy recipe that you can do with any beer that you like. We choose the Ode IPA by Castle Danger. First it is an IPA which can add a really nice flavor to the chicken but not be overwhelming. It has Citra, Azacca, Amarillo and Centennial hops which give it a citrus flavor that is great in a white meat. It is also one of many great beers by our location Castle Danger Brewery in Two Harbors, Mn.
You will see a lot of different ways to do the beer can chicken. We used the Deluxe Poultry Roaster because it gives you a couple extras that other methods don’t. The first is that you collect all the drippings in the bottom and that helps keep a lot of the flavor in the bird. The other is that it comes with a plug for the neck hole. We don’t want you stretching out the neck hole. This plug helps to keep all the moisture trapped in the bird and adds a savoriness that really sets it apart. You might say “Still with the neck hole?” but it makes a big differences. Before we put it on we rubbed it with Byron’s Butt rub to give the skin some more flavor as well.
Weber’s Extreme Burgers
- 4 Slices slices thick-cut bacon
- 2 Pounds ground chuck ((80% lean))
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 Thin slices cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 Leaves Boston lettuce
- 1 beef beefsteak tomato (cut crosswise into 4 slices about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Ripe Hass avocados
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 Teaspoons minced garlic
- In a skillet over medium heat, fry bacon until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towel
- Whisk the mayo ingredients, including ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper.
- Mash the guacamole ingredients, including ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Mix the ground chuck with Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, smoked paprika and onion powder, and then gently form eight patties of equal size, each about ½ inch thick and a little wider than the buns.
- Refrigerate the patties until ready to grill.
- Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat (400 F to 500 F.)
Grill patties over direct medium-high heat with lid closed until cooked to medium doneness (160 F), 6 to 8 minutes, turning once. During the last 30 seconds to 1 minute of grilling time place a slice of cheese on each patty to melt, and toast buns cut-side down over direct heat.
- Build each burger on a bun with garlic mayo, a lettuce leaf, a tomato slice, two patties, guacamole, a slice of bacon (torn in half), and more garlic mayo. Serve immediately.
We just bought a ham from the local grocery store. You cut the ham diagonal and horizontal and at the intersections place whole cloves. The ham is precooked so you are just smoking and reheating. We used a pan of water in order to keep the ham moist.
- 1 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground gloves
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- Baste for the last 30 minutes of cooking
- 1/4 Cup tomato soup
- 1/4 Cup mustard
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 2 Eggs
- Mix all in a double boiler until blended and thicken but do not boil or overheat as eggs will curdle.
Back Ribs on the Weber Summit Charcoal
Stir Fry on The Big Green Egg
Very quick and easy way to get your greens! It is similar to the pizza as in you can really add whatever you want to this recipe. The key components are The Big Green Egg and the Big Green Egg wok. You want to make sure that you have oiled your wok before you use it in order to have it preform best. Here is what we used.
- Rump Roast – This is a cheap and easy piece of meat that cooks up well when marinaded. We put it in a marinade for about 24 hours.
- Chicken Breast – We put it in the same marinade as the beef.
- Stop Light of Peppers (Green, Yellow and Red.)
- Red Onion
- Jasmine Rice – this is a great way to add even more flavor to your stir fry. It comes out with a popcorn like taste.
- For the meat we used a Schezwan Sauce
- For the veggies we used olive oil with garlic
- Preheat the Egg to 500 degrees
- Oil Wok
- Cook the meat for roughly 10 minutes or until it is mostly cooked
- Add the veggies to the Wok, close it down and close the top so the moisture stays in, you really want to steam and veggies as to not over cool them.
- For the rice follow the instructions on the bag, with Jasmine you want to fill with water to just past the rice and bring it to a boil, then cover and let it steam until it is nice and fluffy.
Pizza on The Big Green Egg
This is great for having people of and letting everyone build a pizza that they like. These are the items that we used but really the essentials are the sauce, crust and cheese. Use your imagination after that and you will have a great time!
- 2 Cans Pizza Sauce
- 1 Small Can of Pesto
- Package of Pepperoni
- 1 lb of Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 lb Italian Blend Cheese
- Spotlight of Peppers(Green, Red, and Yellow)
- Pre-Made Pizza Crust
- Anything you want on your pizza!
- Heat the Egg up to 500 or a little beyond that.
- Place the convEGGator with the feet down
- Place the pizza stone on top of the convEGGator
- The best thing to use is the Big Green Egg pizza peel to put in the pizza and remove it.
- If you want a crisper pizza close the top daisy wheel for the last 3 minutes of cooking
Big Green Egg – Dutch Oven Chili
- 2 Lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 can each
- Stewed tomatoes
- diced chili ready tomatoes
- diced garlic and onion tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can dark red kidney beans
- 1/2 Big Green Egg Vidalia Onion Sriracha Sauce
- Big Green Egg – Viva Caliente Seasoning – to taste
- Chili powder – to taste
- Brown ground beef in open dutch oven on the Big Green Egg
- Season to taste with chili powder and caliente seasoning
- Open cans, but DO NOT DRAIN
- Add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer at 325